Request for additional, non educational support
At Friars Academy we believe that students do better in school when they are emotionally and physically healthy. Unfortunately there are many pressures upon students today which may have an impact on how they perform or behave inside school and at home.
If you have noticed an area that your student has had difficulties and require additional support with, please contact us.
Criteria for referral:
The student will have had some difficult that they require support with that is outside the normal provision received at Friars Academy.
Friars Academy can offer additional support by offering the following intervention packages within school;
- Sensory circuits – This is a group activity that works on encouraging the development of the child’s sensory processing skills. The Circuit provides a sequence of activities done repeatedly to provide the child with the right type of sensory input in order to alert, organise and calm them and be ready for learning to occur.
- Protective Behaviours – This is a practical approach to personal safety.
- Self esteem – a range of activities designed to enable students to develop confidence, value and respect in themselves.
- Behaviour management – Allowing students to recognise behaviour triggers and introducing them to have a range of strategies that they can use to manage their behaviours.
- Emotional literacy – A programme designed to helping students develop self-awareness and recognition of their own feelings and knowing how to manage them, such as the ability to stay calm when angered or to reassure oneself when in doubt. The programme includes empathy, i.e. having sensitivity to the feelings of other people.
- Drawing and talking – Drawing and talking enables a student to express, in a visual form, worries and preoccupation from deep in the mind that they would not be able to talk about. – accessed by completing a referral form and returning to RSt.
- Personal Care– A programme designed to promote all areas of health and hygiene.
- Additional support for students whom are dealing with illness, / loss / bereavement.
What we do:
- We will acknowledge receipt of your referral within 48 hours.
- A member of the Pastoral Team may contact you to gather additional information.
- A member of the Pastoral Team may contact you to let you know when the intervention / additional support will start and what package we are apple to offer.